Monday, June 8, 2015

New comp, new baptism and new perspective

This is the tale of Keegan F. Christensen,
So this week I received my new companion Elder Dawson Royce Crop, straight out of Fresno California, not really he has been on his mission for about a year now and we are pretty stoked to be companions, my last companion... we are going to save the world.

So this week not too much different happened, except Kyan got Baptized!!! Yeah! So Kyan and his family are some of the most incredible people I have ever met. This is a nine year old boy (like I said last week) and his grandfather was able to come into town this week to do the baptism. He was so excited to get baptized so “he could get to heaven” he always says. It is incredible how young members of the church can understand the gospel these days, it is a whole new world even from when I was in high school or younger. These young kids and teenagers I work with really know what they are talking about and are such good defenders of the faith. At times I feel as if I wish I was better when I was younger or in high school. I know I could have done more which makes me so livid! Haha…but at the same time…today is a new day to do more. So choose not to wallow on the past, choose not to think about all of the things you could have or should have done, begin to think about the things in which you are going to do right here today tomorrow and forever, the past is the past. It really is, "It’s time to begin, isn’t it?" 

I may be an old guy in mission years. I am tied for being out the longest with a few other missionaries in my mission now, but even though I may be getting old and decrepit, I have still got the spry step of a younger man. Haha the source of all happiness is our Heavenly Father, his son Jesus Christ, his gospel, our wives, husbands and families. I say to this week… bring it on I am ready… because with more trials and with more weight, comes more strength.

When I get home I am going to be a better man I want you all to know that I will not be the same me as when I left, but I am still me which is so groovy. I totally thought you had to become a lame robot to be a missionary for a while, but man was I so wrong, in fact it is quite the opposite, so if any of you are afraid for me to come home…don’t be, life is always rad:)

I love you guys so much if you need anything please let me know… be safe
Love elder c
https://ssl.gstatic.com/ui/v1/icons/mail/images/cleardot.gif














No comments:

Post a Comment