Monday, May 4, 2015

Mormon movies, Amazing Grace and Mother's Day...

It has hit the fan my friends,
Haha so Abilene is exactly how I explained it last week and then some haha, but I have searched to the very depths of my soul to find the answers and this is what has come to me….Okay it’s not as dramatic as I just made it sound, but since we cannot go talk to people after 7 o clock I have made a few plans:

So I scheduled the building for a Book of Mormon study class that me and my companion are going to teach once a week at 7:00 then the next day on Friday we are going to have a weekly showing of a church film starting off with “Meet the Mormons” to try to get people to come into the building! So I need your prayers for that this week.

Also I got a call from my Mission President’s wife yesterday and she asked if I would come up with a number to sing for the missionaries in the south-eastern part of the mission for conference and I accepted. So I put the song “Amazing Grace” to the tune of “The Scientist” by Coldplay and I am doing it tomorrow.

Then next Sunday the bishop asked me to give a talk on Mother’s Day and man that is going to be an emotional roller-coaster haha, but it will be only the 2nd time I have talked in Sacrament on my mission so I am pretty stoked. I told all of you all of this so you would keep me in your prayers this week that my plans might go through and something might come of this.

This week was a toughie, we tried to find people to talk to or teach but no bites yet. We are doing our best to get out there and try teaching people or even helping people and still no luck. But even though it is hard to only get rejections I know that the Lord has a plan for this and for this area and I think he has a plan for me. I probably will just have to face a lot of rejection in my life coming up so I need to get used to it now or something. I learned this week that sharing your testimony on Fast Sunday can give you more blessing than a planned talk to give. I don’t know why but I feel like that is important… so no matter what you have a testimony of, this week I challenge you to go out and share it no matter what it is of.

I love you guys so much be safe out there and remember who you are and what you stand for. 

Love elder c  









No comments:

Post a Comment