Monday, March 9, 2015

Rare request....please pray...

6 more weeks of fun in San Angelo! Well me and Elder Simmons get another six weeks to take a crack at this San Angelo 2nd North area....... bring it on. I am really feeling it. Years without a baptism in one area is way way way too long. I have the faith something is going to change. It is time to hit the pavement.

This week was pretty groovy. Idk if I already told you this or not, but we got our car back which in this area where houses are pretty far apart is pretty necessary, but we let the other Elders borrow it for a bike day, and they crashed it........so it was pretty awesome to say the least. It was in the shop all week and we had to get a couple rides and their comment was “this is the most rides we have ever given someone who is in a car area before”..... and I was like “touché my friend”… but life is good, we got it back again so now we can go out to our 4 out-lying towns and preach the good word to some farmers and their cows!

But this week was really cool blessings-wise. I believe I have gained a testimony on the priesthood authority more on my mission than anywhere else. Strictly from giving blessings alone it has been incredible to know that the same power Christ used to heal is here right now and I am blessed enough to be able to hold it. This week we have been teaching a lady who has been less active for a few years and she has a pretty bad smoking problem. She smoked 2 packs a day for a really long time. She came out to us today and said since she has been meeting with us she has cut back from 2 packs a day to 2 cigarettes. It was pretty cool, she than asked for a blessing to overcome her addiction and for healing of her leg. She said before that she has not gotten a blessing in over 4 1/2 years. And that she hopes that we know how much we truly mean to her, that she want us to give her a blessing. It was an incredible moment, when we finished the spirit was strong and we left. And I know as she acts on her faith that she will be healed, just like countless others here have that I have seen.

 I am blessed to be here and to be a missionary. I ask you all for something this week and I know I don't normally do it, but if you are willing I ask for you to pray for my area specifically in your prayers. That the people who need to be found at this time will be put in our path. I love you guys and I am so blessed to know you and be your brother in Christ my friends. Stay sweet and be safe.

Loves

elder c





No comments:

Post a Comment