Monday, March 23, 2015

Howdy, y'all, "farsee" and 2nd Timothy 1:7...

Hello there the angel from my nightmare,

Howdy y'all! I still haven't started saying howdy yet, but I do say y'all way too much probably. I also use the term “farsee” when explaining directions to people in small towns. If you don't know what a farsee is, in Texas it means go as far as you can see and take a left. A man, I can’t remember his name, blessed me with those directions in Bronte… "Go about two farsee's then it should be your first left”. God bless America.

This week has been a pretty just normal week. I had interviews with my Mission President and I am pretty sure he thinks I am going home in like 4 weeks and not in 4 months so it was funny. I shared with him one of my favorite scriptures of all time and it is 2nd Timothy 1:7.  It says “For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind”. And I feel like in my life I have had way too many fears. Way too many things holding me back and stopping me from being and doing what I need to do. I have finally began to understand that God does not want any of us to be afraid. He does not what us to fear what is next. He has given us the Spirit of POWER, of love and of a sound mind. And So I have put my fear behind me. It is time to be brave. So do not fear my friends, never be afraid. Just go and do and everything will turn out right. I promise.

And this week my best friend Kaleb (he’s 4) was playing and a big mirror came down and crashed on his head, so he had to go to the ER to get stitches put in and when he got home, I was on the list for the first person he wanted to see. So I rushed over there as soon as I could to see my buddy and when I got there, he was wearing his beard beanie, so I pulled mine out of my backpack and this awesome picture happened.

And my investigators are still getting married on Saturday, so pray for them cause this is going to be “legen- dairy”!

Love you guys be safe out there.


love elder c





No comments:

Post a Comment