Monday, November 24, 2014

Tale of an Elder in Angelo

This is the Tale of an Elder in Angelo.
So this week was incredible. I don’t think I have ever worked harder or been more tired in my entire life. But it’s weird, I think that this week I have learned more than I have in a long time.

So there is this couple we found the other day and started teaching them. They are incredible. We taught them about the restoration of the gospel, then we proceeded to answer every question about religion, the afterlife, heavens, purpose of everything and many many more. It was awesome because we could answer them. The answer of “what is our purpose here on this earth”… to anyone who doesn't know is to have joy. To find the most lasting and loving joy that you can. So essentially we are here to be happy :). So let’s stop worrying about all the haters out there and just feel the love from our family and from our God. So now they are preparing for baptism...

Also we are teaching another family. They are so rad. But we found them the other day and they had similar questions as our other investigators, with the exception that she did not believe there is a God. Look at that last statement... it is past tense :) haha There is a God. Their family wants to be together forever more than anything, even if they ask..."are you sure you want to do this?" “I mean you are going to be stuck with me forever.” The principle is simple, but it means the world to me.

This week is Thanksgiving......It is my last Thanksgiving as a full time representative of my greatest friend, hero, and savior, Jesus Christ..... It’s bittersweet. But I am out here to show him how grateful I am for him. That is my reason for my service. Jesus is the Christ. He knows you. He knows everything about you. As he was suffering in the Garden he saw you. He lived his perfect life for me and he gave his perfect life for me. So I hope if you don't get anything else out of this letter I hope that you truly know that Christ knows you. And I challenge all of you everyone to know him. Because that is the only way I have found that purpose of life I was talking about before.

I am so thankful for everyone in my family. God let us be with our family for a reason. These people around you, though they are far from perfect, were sent to you be with you. Out of the 80 billion people who have lived on this earth you got them. So I am going to try to be a better brother and a better friend, son, cousin, acquaintance, cause I know whoever you are, you’re in my life for a reason and I am so grateful for you. I really hope you understand I am so thankful for everyone I know, I really am... because of you I have found my gratitude. I have found my joy. Even if I wasn't the missionary who got a shout out from Jabari Parker. (There was social media pic and comments from Parker with missionaries) I am still a lucky guy:).

And to wrap it up, the 2nd family I was talking about is now preparing for baptism to be together forever. So ya, I love you guys so much. Feel free any of you to write me. I would love it!

Stay sweet world…
Love elder Keeg

PS. Also me and Elder Severson wrote a song, but I cannot get the video to upload, so here are a couple pics to show you how legendary it was haha.   























No comments:

Post a Comment