Monday, November 3, 2014

Goodbye to New Mexico....returning to the place of my birth...San Angelo

New Mexico - Not really new, Not really Mexico…
Well I am finally saying goodbye to the blessed area of Portales, New Mexico and I am expanding my horizons by returning to the place of my birth as a missionary, San Angelo. My new address if anyone wanted to send anything is:
1925 Raney St. #52, San Angelo, Texas 76901.

It’s weird to go back there now because exactly a year ago I was leaving there. I guess the Lord has a lot more in store for me than I thought. I’m kinda scared though, cause I’ve been in this po-dunk town for the past six months. It’s all I know. A big city is going to make me claustrophobic and I won’t know everyone in towns name, and how many dogs they have, where their kids go to school or what their favorite color football team is, or what time of day they will be home, or what car they drive, where they work.... the list of me being a hard core stalker goes on and on and it kinda freaks me out haha.

Elder Hammond my companion is going home on Wednesday and that has been a trip haha. There has been a lot of tears in our apartment these past couple of days and it has been a different experience.

This week was Halloween and I was so so so stoked to hand out candy to trick-or-treaters. Then when it had turned 10 o’clock and not a single one stopped by, I began to ponder on the why they didn’t come? Then it dawned on me that we live in the sketchiest place in town by far and there is no way I would want my kids to go trick-or- treating here, so ya that was a bummer too. But on the bright side I was Superman for Halloween. 

This week also Elder Pino from the Quorum of the 70 came and spoke to us and that was incredible. He spoke in Spanish because he knows very little English, but even though someone else was his mouthpiece, you could totally feel his spirit and his love, it is incredible. I hope people can feel even a portion of what I felt around him when they are around me. 

I am actually pretty sad I am leaving Portales, it has made me appreciate the little things in life so much more than I ever have. I truly believe this is the best mission for me in the world. The experiences I have had here I could learn absolutely nowhere else. I wasn’t sent to a foreign impoverished country because the lessons I need to learn are not there for me. Portales has changed me as a person and has shown me who I want to become and what I am capable of becoming. There is no way in a millions years I would ever ever ever want to, or think about living in Portales, New Mexico, but the Lord knows I needed to be here and out of everywhere in the world, I was in this tiny tiny town in the middle of nowhere. Sometimes we have to go to the depths of the earth to find out who we truly are. This week has been a keeper I’m not going to lie. I have loved it and I wouldn’t trade it for the world. I love you all be safe out there 

Love elder keegan









https://ssl.gstatic.com/ui/v1/icons/mail/images/cleardot.gif
                                                     


No comments:

Post a Comment