Monday, August 4, 2014

Road trip to baptize Chelsea!

Back to back blessings!
This week was a pretty slow one here in "The Land of Enchantment" haha, but it was still a good one none the less. There are a ton more students in town now coming back for school, so there are a ton more people to talk to. It’s weird though I seem to get along with all of the exchange students more than I do all of the regular people. I guess I just have a foreign personality. I think it is the pants....haha.

So this week was kinda really slow with no success. Then on Friday we got a call from the Elders in Clovis which never happens. Clovis is about a half an hour away from Portales, but it is like another world cause we aren’t allowed to go there haha. But on the phone call they said that Chelsea was getting baptized this week, if you didn’t know Chelsea is Jesus's girlfriend who moved to Clovis so Jesus could get baptized... and we had taught her all of the lessons as well. But they said that she was getting baptized tomorrow and that she had asked if I could baptize her! This was the greatest phone call I have ever had hands down. I was so pumped it was awesome. So the next day we made the trek to the foreign land to baptize Chelsea Ranae Lopez. 

When we got there we heard the sound of running water in the baptismal fount and I got chills everywhere.... Baptisms are one of the greatest events performed on the face of this earth, through baptism is the only way to gain the Celestial Kingdom! So it is always the new best day of my life when there is a baptism and especially for Chelsea, she has become one of my best friends in the world and I was so blessed to be able to do this baptism.

As we went into the water...I Felt the spirit stronger than I ever have in my entire life.... it was surreal, almost like a dream. I then proceeded to baptize Chelsea and when we were walking out of the fount I asked her how she felt? She said she felt warm; she felt new, she felt like this was the first day of the rest of her life and that she can do anything.... I almost cried.... then I told her never to forget that feeling. Always hold on to it....Those moments right after you come out of the waters of baptism are the moments in your life where you are the most clean you will ever be. It is so cool all of the guilt is washed away, all of everything bad is gone and you get to start out with something completely fresh and new. I was so blessed to be able to baptize Chelsea and to see this step she is taking in her life for her and her daughter... I am without words this week. I am just so blown away by how much God has blessed my life and how much He truly trusts me to bring back some of his greatest children on this earth. I am so small but yet the work is so big, I am weak yet He continues to build me into a soldier of God. I do not deserve what God has given me, but I will cherish every moment and continue to be there for the souls he entrusts me with. God is awesome...


Love Elder Christensen










 














No comments:

Post a Comment