Monday, August 25, 2014

Bouncy House Missionary Work

What a week, I am more tired than I have ever been in my entire life, in a good way. We literally bike like 40 miles a day and more so we can find people to teach. It is awesome. It sucks all of the people we have found in the last little while have been baptized so now we just need to find someone else who is prepared and the Lord has provided once again.

This week started off amazing... quick story….So a member of our ward was having a birthday party for his two year old son, and he was inviting all of his neighbors over so we could teach them. When we arrived at this two year old's birthday party we were stunned when we saw one of the greatest things known to man on this earth....a bouncy castle. So we were mingling with the guests and they were nice, but none of them thought we were allowed to do anything fun with our lives so they didn’t really want to talk to us at first. So Elder Hammond and I needed to do something big and as we were thinking, we both cast our eyes on the bouncy castle. Needless to say it was one of the greatest moments of my entire life. And now we have some new investigators to start teaching.  So don’t be afraid to have fun out there on the mission, the Lord will bless you haha.

So the next couple of days after that were kind of slow with biking and heat. So we were kinda sad, so we prayed and asked Heavenly Father to give us someone solid that we could baptize. That night we met Cynthia, she is a 50 year old woman who has been looking for a church and the truth for 30 years. And it just so happened to be that God put us in her path at just the right time and place. After we shared the message of the restoration to her, many tears were shed and she is ready to start this course in her life. She then came to church on Sunday and more tears were shed and she finally found the family she was looking for…Its true we are a family on this earth and we as members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day-Saints can never forget that. Look at everyone you see as your family and you will change the world. 

Lastly we worked at a food bank this week and it was actually way fun to do it. I really enjoyed it and serving alongside great men and women of this country was a blessing. So I challenge all of you to volunteer and do something good in your community. I have decided I am going to do this always because its awesome just to help and to love people. 

Be safe everyone. I love ya I do, love love me do, I know I love you…

Well, I have to go now, but be safe everyone.
Love, Elder C










No comments:

Post a Comment