Monday, July 28, 2014

Emergency move and Bre got baptized!

Hands down one of the most intense rad, weird weeks of my mission, life is just life haha.

So to start things off this week we had to do an emergency move! So I changed addresses. I live at 1550 Arizona Dr. #25 Portales NM 88130 if anyone wanted to write me a letter. If you sent one this week no worries cause the sister missionaries live in our house now haha. So this week we get a call from the APs saying we need you to switch apartments with the sisters. And we were like okay we can do that, why? Apparently there is a mice infestation in the sister’s apartment and the sisters can’t stay there anymore and we get the marvelous opportunity to live there in their stead! Haha it is awesome, when I say infestation, I mean I/we caught twelve mice in one day on two different traps hahaha. It’s always a nice unsettling feeling when you hear another trap snap, but ya I think we have almost got them all, there are a few left, but we can live with that. What a week. I kinda feel bad, but I know I will never be able to look at Mickey Mouse the same again!

Also this week was one of the best weeks of my life because Breanna Marie Jones got baptized. It was a journey to get to this point, but it was so worth it.  Her family didn't come, but she was so happy none the less to get baptized on her 18th birthday!.

So another miracle came from her baptism. It was at 8:00 a.m. Sunday morning before church. And there were so many people there to support her it was so amazing. But she got baptized and while she was changing Elder Marchant and I taught the restoration to everyone there. And in the crowd was a non-member who had been taught by Elders in the past a few years ago, and the Elders railed him too hard and shut him off to the missionaries for years... after Elder Marchant and I got done instructing and the baptism concluded, his daughter came up to us and said my dad wants y’all to come over to our house on Tuesday and teach him........wow that was such a humbling experience to me to know how much the Holy Ghost is working through me at this time. How all of this studying and all of this work is not in vain. I am so blessed to be who I am today and for all of the talents and gifts God has given me.

Then after the baptism during sacrament meeting, I gave Bree the gift of the Holy Ghost. Wow was that so cool. After I was done she looked up at me and I promise you I could see the light shining through her. I could hardly keep from crying. The gift of the Holy Ghost is real. Bree has always had a strong spirit about her, but now that she has the gift of the Holy Ghost she glows! You can see it in people. That’s how people can tell you are worthy member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day-Saints or that there is something special about you. The priesthood is real.

Then after the confirmation, Bree and her sister Alisha got to bear their testimony. I was humbled once again to hear how much the gospel has changed her life and her relationship with God and how I was a part of her conversion. Then after that, we all sat down and listened to the Bishop speak, then Bree stands up and goes up with Sister Christiansen and sings “Come Thou Fount”. They had heard that I had that sung at my farewell and wanted to do that one..... at this point I could not hold back the tears anymore, nor did I want too. Bree is a vocal performance major at Easter New Mexico University. And she single-handedly brought the spirit into that whole day and that whole week. I truly remember why I came out on my mission. I truly know how blessed I am to have met the people I have met. I know that this is the true church of Jesus Christ and that the authority to baptize and the give the gift of the Holy Ghost is on the earth, if you don’t agree with me I am sorry. Because I know that this message is perfect, I know that the fullness of Christ’s gospel is on the earth and I know that the only way to have complete and utter happiness is by coming to the knowledge that I have come. I love you all so much. I love you more every day, I hope you know that..... I am blessed.


love elder keeg





No comments:

Post a Comment