Monday, July 21, 2014

Burned a shirt and married a couple....

What is up world at large!
Portales, New Mexico has been so blessed this week, a perfect year mark present for the young 19 year old missionary. Congratulations everyone for pushing forward in life and making it through the hard times one more year!

So this week has been so rad. Breanna J. is preparing to be baptized this week on the 27th of July on her 18th birthday. She had to wait till then because her parents are very against it, but she has been such an example of light and love to the whole world. I am so excited for her to make this step early in the morning before church :). So pray for her this week because Satan is real and he is going to be doing everything in his power to stop this daughter of God from getting to the waters of baptism. But as we know, we all are stronger than Satan. We all have so much power within us already, but when we get the spirit of God within us we are adding another layer of protection and armor to help us fight all the hate in this world. I am so sick of hate, man I just want peace and love to surround us all in our lives. 

Also today has been a glorious day for our investigator Kandy and her new husband (picture attached). We have been talking to them for a little while now and Kandy wants to get baptized so bad, but we told her in order to get baptized you have to be married, you can’t just live together, so right then and there they proposed and got married by our hand on July 21st 1:01 pm. It was one of the coolest moments of my entire mission to help these two people come closer together and help them come closer to their Heavenly Father. It is the first step in their long journey, but she is preparing to be baptized on the 2nd of August, so please keep her in your prayers as well.

I am one year older and wiser too. I never in a million years would have ever thought that I would do half of this stuff that I have done on my mission. It is seriously so rad. If any of you are thinking about going on a mission, all I can say is that if you want to truly figure out what you want in life, if you want to become the husband, father and friend you need to be, then go on a mission. I know it sounds cliché, but I am being 100% honest. You get to refine all of your skills and see life for what it truly is and learn from others situations.

I only have one year left without my loved ones, but I am gaining a new bigger family every day.

I am Keegan Christensen and I am me.
Love Keegan


Oh ya and I burned a shirt for my year mark! Haha peace…







No comments:

Post a Comment