Monday, June 2, 2014

I found my brother, a black widow and Bre this week...

Hey everyone this has been an awesome week! 
It was a beautiful week in Portales, New Mexico with lots of sunshine and a lot of love.

I did a lot this week. I found a black widow in my home and that freaked me out, it was insane! Haha, it was like the size of something big. And we trapped it and put it into a cage with these ants and this other like big beetle we found and it was like the coliseum! Haha, but really there is not much to do in a small town in New Mexico on p-day so we are finding awesome things, pictures included.

Also this week I got an awesome visit from my brother K.C. (and Macey). It was one of the best days of my mission. I had forgotten what it felt like to see someone familiar and someone who loves you unconditionally… I was so blessed. I am so blessed to be in the family that I am and to be where I am right now. I know this is where I need to be even if it is away from my family for two years. This is the Church of Jesus Christ, his church he set up and restored to the earth… it is so important that I am here.

This week we were blessed to start teaching Bre, an 18 year old girl from Arizona, she knows this message is true because she asked God. We were teaching Bre the Plan of Salvation this week and she was kind of upset, not because she didn’t agree with what we were saying, but because her whole life she was so lost, she thought that the end was the end, but it gave her so much peace and that’s what this message is… it is a message of peace and happiness and love and joy and awesomeness haha. 

Also at the end we were explaining Heaven and she said she finally understood why missionary work is so important. It’s not just to get people to come to our church. It is to help all of our brothers and sisters obtain the highest level of the kingdom of heaven. idk that really hit me hard, we are not out here to get people to come to our church, we are here to help out brothers and sisters get back home and to help them find their way. That’s why our message is so important, because it is the only way… and a lot of people disagree with that and it makes me sad. 

But I do know that this is the true church of Jesus Christ and the priesthood of God has once again been restored. I am so blessed to be alive in this day.
To be with people I love and to do all I can to help those I love.

I am so pumped right now. 
Love, Elder Christensen















No comments:

Post a Comment