Monday, April 7, 2014

This week has been so freakin rad...

Hello hello hello everyone, this week has been so freakin rad!! I love Conference so much, it is Christmas on the mission no joke.

First things first, I am staying here another transfer and my best mission mate, Elder Clement is leaving to my place of birth, San Angelo. I am getting an older missionary named Elder Kurtz so fun…

The work is finally picking up this week which I am so blessed to be a part of it. I was able to witness the marriage and baptism of Russell and Ana this week. We were able to talk with them briefly before the sisters took over. They are an amazing couple and the wedding, then baptism really hit me deep and showed me the importance of our eternal Plan of Happiness and how important eternal families are. After they were married and walking up the aisle of the chapel Russell looked over at me and said “next stop the temple”! And I was so happy I was like “yaaaaa”,really loud and it was bad, but it was awesome at the same time.

Okay, so conference Saturday changed my entire life. I didn't used to watch Saturday Conference because I always thought I had "better things to do". Well, I am here to tell you I am an idiot because I have missed out on so much that the Lord needed me to hear. It’s not even funny, I am livid. I am so grateful to have a prophet and 12 apostles on the earth today who truly know what we are going through and are sent from God to help us get through it. Like the first talk in conference, I too have had some very unkind people spit, throw and do a number of things I will not mention because I am afraid my mom will come and beat up the state of Texas haha. But I know that Jesus Christ suffered and felt every little thing that I feel when that happens. I know that He is there to comfort me and to lift me up because I could not get back up by myself. I am so blessed I made the choice to serve mission.

Like they said in Conference, we all are going to have big decisions to make in our lives. Time is changing and the world is getting worse. We need to make the choice either to stay strong and to go with God or to follow the world and Satan. God's Doctrine will never change but the fads of the world will. I know that if I didn't serve a mission, I would not have made the right choice. I am eternally grateful for my family, friends and my best friend. I know that this is where I need to be, but I need your help and I need your prayers because it is not easy. It is the hardest thing I have ever done in my life, but I know that the way to salvation is not easy and I must endure. We need to all be ready to stand up for what we believe in. We need to be ready to not be sifted by the world and to not change, but to stay upon our rock. I pray that all of us will make the decision to stand up. Because Christ stood up, fell down, cried and bled for all of us. The atonement of Jesus Christ is real. I use it every day and I need it. Without the atonement we would be nothing.

I love you all so much and I am always here for you and I ask for your prayers because I really need you at this time.

Love Elder Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment