Monday, December 2, 2013

This is a season of peace, the season of Christ’s birth...

Hey everyone, I haven’t seen y’all in a minute, I miss you guys this beautiful holiday season!

So transfer calls are in and I am staying in Amarillo and I am stoked about it. There is way too much work to be done to leave here, but Elder Chuck’s fate was not as joyous as mine. He is being transferred for the last transfer of his mission and I am getting a new'er missionary Elder Anderson who’s been out for a transfer. I know absolutely nothing about him so it’s going to be a ball.

I was very Thankful:) for Thanksgiving it was awesome, no joke, I loved it. We had it with Alex and Aaron and Erica Martinez and their grandma, no joke, it was so freaking good. Apparently the lady who cooked it, Erica’s mom, cooked for Rosa Parks, so I was pretty blessed this week, God bless America.

Man time is going by fast, I’ve already been out 4 1/2 months, it feels like I’ve been out for a couple weeks I like it.

Fun fact: I speak Ebonics now...yep haha, it’s sweet!

This week was kinda hard, only one of our six baptismal dates came to church, so I was livid and stormed around town to see why! Not really that mad haha, and we went to Mario’s home and we sat down and talked with him for a little while. He couldn’t come to church because of the hole in his foot. Did I tell you about that? He has diabetes, so he can’t feel his feet and a nail got in his boot for like a week and it is this huge hole in the bottom of his foot it is pretty gross. But we didn’t think that Mario really liked us that much and we were kinda getting frustrated, but then his wife came in who hasn’t participated in the lessons once and she starts talking to us and is like yah, Mario talks about you guys all the time and how much he loves you. You are blessing my family so much by coming over here, is it alright if I listen in on your lessons........GOD is so freakin cool!!! Hahaha I’m smiling like a little school girl at this point trying to keep my cool and say "yes". So pray for them.

We also taught the Plan of Salvation this week. Man are we blessed to know where we come from, where we are going and why we are here. These people had so many questions and I thought to myself, wow, how could you live your whole life to this point without knowing this? Life would be so much harder without the knowledge and it would have almost no point. We are truly blessed.

This is a season of peace, the season of Christ’s birth. Remember Him always and remember you and your family can and will be together forever through God’s plan for us. We are where we need to be, so make every second count. We were walking this week and as we were walking by this house, this car pulls up the second we are walking by, we start talking to them and we teach them the restoration. If they would have pulled in a minute later we would have never found them. So look around every once in a while and see why you are where you are and what you need to do. It will make everywhere that much better I promise.

Thank you everyone for reading my letters. I really hope that I can bless y’alls life just as much as every one of you has blessed mine....

I truly love you and I truly love God

Love elder c

No comments:

Post a Comment