Monday, December 23, 2013

I love Christmas...

Hey and fam bam, sorry I was gone last week but I was just sharing the love with everyone!!!! 

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!! I’m so stoked haha, I love Christmas, everyone is so much nicer! I didn’t really realize it! I got a hug today from a lady who was a member of the Church of Christ and she doesn’t celebrate Christmas, so she whispered in my ear “Celebrate the birth of Christ for the both of us”. So we all have to be celebrating Christmas, the birth of Christ, for those who are not allowed too!! 

This is such a good time of year. I always took it for granted. I took Christ for granted....and Christmas. I took the event of his birth for granted, the single event that people had been prophesying about for thousands of years and people years later think about how big this is. Think about how big Christ is. I love him! 

And I love my family! Guys don’t take your family for granted, they are everything and this time of year especially I want everyone to know how much I love you and how much I miss you guys. But more importantly, I want you to know how much Christ loves you. So this time of year take some of this Texas Christmas spirit and be nice to everyone even the people that you are usually mean too! haha life is too short guys...So live it to the fullest and do what is right. We are supposed to be happy! So be happy! 

This week I was able to use my priesthood in the form of a miracle.

So the Oklahoma Mission President called me and asked me and my companion to go to the hospital here and give his best friend a blessing. We get to the hospital, but before, I said a prayer to help me do whatever I was about to do! We walk into Alton’s room, there are doctors in there and they are saying that they are going to have to amputate his leg because of the infection. His leg almost made me want to throw up everywhere haha, it was so gross. But we were like hey, we’re the missionaries and we are here to give him a blessing, so they all left the room. Then he was like I’m scared and I said, Alton if you have the faith to be healed you will be healed. Then I laid my hands on his head and gave him a blessing of healing and many other things that the Lord wanted him to hear! Then we left and went back the next day and his leg was almost completely healed and the doctors said it was a Christmas miracle and I was like yep :). So it was awesome.

We also got to park in the clergyman parking at the hospital which was one of the highlights of the experience hahah.

I love y’all and I miss you, stay strong and be safe. I will see you in two. Elder C.

No comments:

Post a Comment