Monday, November 25, 2013

Be thankful this Thanksgiving...

Ho ho ho, it’s not even Thanksgiving yet, everyone needs to calm down hahaha.

Hello everyone, in answer to your question mother, I was able to go to the temple for the first time and probably the last time on my mission. It is the first time missionaries have been able to go because of our mission president in like two years, so it is a blessing and seriously the coolest place ever. You can almost hear God when he’s talking to you. I loved it and it spiritually recharged me!

I do have a home to go to for Thanksgiving as of right now! I am going to Alex and Aaron and Erica’s to eat. They are this family that we are teaching and Alex and Aaron are on track to be baptized. Idk if I’ve told you about them, I think I have, but I love that family they are so cool!

My companion is from Mesa, Arizona, the land of the free and the home of the heat. He said he loved it and he is excited to go back in a matter of 7 weeks. Haha that is the weirdest thing, my companion is almost going home....it happens haha.

So I might be getting transferred on Monday so if you were planning to send me any letters send them by Wednesday or please hold off till I can give you my new address!

So this week was pretty fun...... it was about 5 degrees of fun....hahaha, yah it was cold and windy here and it snowed some and the entire town shut down and we weren’t allowed to drive anywhere, so we were on foot, it was crazy haha. It was a bad time to shave my head, my ears are cold haha. But blessings do come from going hard in the snow. We were able to talk to a lot of people as they were running in their house, had a lot of one-sided conversations with myself haha, but when we knocked on doors everyone would let us in because they were like, wow you guys are going to die, you need to get in here, then they would give us like some hot cocoa, everyone wanted to give us tea which made it a perfect segway into, well we don’t drink tea, which leads to baptism hahaha. There are a lot or really good people in this world I love it haha.

So I have been thinking a lot this week about gratitude and then the talks in church yesterday were also about it (there were 15 people at church because of the snow it was cool:), so often we focus on what we do not have and we take for granted the things we do.... and I have taken people for granted in my life, I have not been focusing on what I have and what relationships I have, but what I don’t have and what will make everyone happy. The only way to happiness is through gratitude. The sin of ingratitude is a weird sin, but still a sin.... look it up! So be thankful this Thanksgiving and remember what we do have and not all the silly little worldly things we do not.

I am Keegan Christensen, I am a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and I carry a message that will bring everyone eternal happiness. I know this gospel is true no matter how hard it is out here, it is still true and I have to stand by what I believe! I just think about what Christ did for me and all of us.......I have to be here.

I love you all and I want to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving no matter where you are and remember to thank everyone, even that guy across the street. I love you all

Love elder c

No comments:

Post a Comment