Monday, November 18, 2013

Go out with the missionaries they need you, they want you haha, not in a weird way...

Edna, John and Mario all dropped us this week. It has been tough, not going to lie, some metaphorical tears have been shed by this odd companionship that we have.

We did find three new people who are much more promising now :). Alex and Aaron are an 11 and 15 year old, they are so cool, their mom pulled up to us and was like, hey I want you to teach the lessons and baptize my kids. So we didn’t say no. We went over and they made us steak it was so good.

Also this week we ran into a guy who swore that he knew me. He was positive that I worked at Burger King and while we’re teaching him the entire time he kept interrupting and was like, yes you do worked there, I know you man I know you! So finally I was like, sure I work at Burger King and we left. It was an awful lesson, his name is Craig by the way and so we decided to go to Burger King for dinner that night just for kicks and giggles and this lady dropped her burger on the ground, so I pick it up for her and started whipping it with a napkin and that guy walked in! And he was like hahahaha, I knew it man you can’t fool me! So that was what happened there.

I was reading a lot in the Book of Mormon this week and it really spoke to me quite a bit. The Book of Mormon is so easy and people try to make it so hard. It is true I know it is true, without this book everything would be chaos. So this week I tried only teaching out it and really it was a lot easier than I thought. Pretty much our entire religion is found in the Book of Mormon. Good day. I wish that I had more to share this week with y’all it has probably been the slowest week ever, but with wind gusts of up to 60- miles an hour. Pray that we will be able to find people who are ready and willing.

Be a member missionary. Go out with the missionaries they need you, they want you haha, not in a weird way, but it makes everything better with y’all there and be nice to people you don’t know at church. Don’t just talk to the same three people every week, try to befriend everyone because that is what people go to church for, beside the sacrament, to make those friendships that will stand the test of time, to go to those people who truly need them and want them, so try it, try to reach out of your shell, why not.

Love elder c

No comments:

Post a Comment