Monday, January 5, 2015

New Years and no one kissing in the freezing rain...

Finally got cold. I was praying for it to feel more like Christmas time down here.......bad idea. It was freezing rain most all of this week which was way fun for us, but no one was outside to talk to :(… no one was even kissing in the rain! Come on!

But I probably had the most crazy New Year’s party I’ve ever had hands down, with me and Sevey in the apartment...things go a little out of hand.......but worth it haha, pictures included you better be ready…It’s all fun and games till someone shoots silly string on your face…Oh ya and the giant red bruise on my nose isn't from Sevey don't worry. I just got punched in the face.

Okay so way cool week this week though. So we have been teaching this couple who has been less active for 15 years or so. She recently was in the hospital for a long time and almost didn't make it. She was bit by a brown recluse and almost lost her leg. And he had lost his testimony when they lost their loved one. He couldn't understand why a loving God would do that… we need to realize in our life nothing belongs to us. Our Heavenly Father’s plan for each of us is perfect for us. In our life though you might think it is unfair that God would do that to you... I promise God is taking care of everything. Faith is the biggest part of it all. But that is a summary of what we told them.

They said they would come back to church. But on Sunday morning we got a call from him that they woke up late and were not going to be able to make it. I was kinda sad from it, but I knew we had helped. Then we walk outside after sacrament and see him sitting there…and he came up and said “I just felt like I had to come. I know I need to be here. I haven't set foot in a church in ten years, but I know this is where I need to be. Thank you for everything”…It was incredible. It changed my life. I believe that a missionary is not only sent to an area to baptize but to strengthen the ward family they are in. I also believe and this is a bold statement that without the missionary force in world doing what they do, the church would not be the Church of Jesus Christ and I am so blessed to be a part of this great work.

So ya that was a good week. I have a lot of pictures to send but here is the one to sum up my Christmas/New Year’s break. (The one of them on the floor)

I love you all so much be safe out there…




















No comments:

Post a Comment