Tuesday, January 20, 2015

An Apostle of the Lord...

"No Matter where you are going it starts from where you are" - High School Musical 2

I thought that was fitting quote, because it truly does not matter where we are right now. We could be miles behind the rest of the team (like I feel like I am most of the time) or we could be in first place on this path of life. What truly matters is what direction we are going from where we are right now. I know that after this week, after seeing an apostle of the Lord Jesus Christ speak, I know my next step is going to be for sure in the right direction :-).

So this week as I said we saw Elder Bednar, it was probably the most intimidating, awesome experience of my life! The reason I say intimidating is because he truly is an apostle like Peter, James and John on the earth today for those of you who don't know. And I truly know he is with everything that I am.

Okay so everyone in the mission was kinda joking around before he came into the room, how he was going to call everyone to repentance and when he looks into your eyes he is going to see everything bad you have ever done and everyone was a kinda joking but kinda serious at the same time. So we all go into the chapel to await his arrival and everyone was kinda nervous and anxious and afraid and excited. Then he walks into the room and everyone stands up. Immediately the spirit came into the room. He is a short man, so I could not really see him yet over the crowd of missionaries, but I could feel him come into the room. It was incredible. Then he went and took his set on the stand without a smile. Just looking into the crowd and the meeting begins.

Then I see him looking over into our general direction. I thought okay, he is probably just looking over here in this direction checking out all of the missionaries who need to repent and when he stands up he will call them out at the podium. Then the opening song begins and I see him staring in our direction, so I look up and see if he is staring at me and I smile to give him a gesture and IMMEDIATELY he smiles tight back. Haha. I thought oh my gosh he thinks I am a bad missionary. I am trying to do my best I promise, I am doing all I can to be an exactly obedient consecrated servant of the Lord Jesus Christ. So he continues to stare right at me through the whole song. Then the conductor of the meeting says it is his turn to speak. So Elder Bednar stands up to the podium, puts both hands on the sides of it and with a firm voice says "I am so proud of you, and the Lord is proud of you as well." I started to cry, that was the confirming evidence I needed to know that what I am doing is right and that this work is true. He went on to say many great things that I will share with you next week when I have more time. But for now I would like to leave you with a Batman quote.

"It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me." Bruce Wayne.

Really think about that.

I love you all.

Love, Keegan



No comments:

Post a Comment