Monday, September 22, 2014

3 Mouse-kateering in Portales and the Priesthood...

The sun is up, the sky is blue, it’s beautiful and so are you dear… (everyone reading this message)…

It is a beautiful world here in Portales. I say a lot that it isn’t very pretty, but you know I really can’t say that, it’s got that nice flat plain-y look going for it, with the tumbleweed wild-west cowboy dash to it. I can dig it :)

Going 14 months strong, it has gone by at the exact speed that it has needed too. Some missionaries say it goes by way too fast and others way way too slow, but really if you just enjoy the moment it will go the exact speed it needs too. I am staying here for another 6 weeks and we are becoming a trio and getting an Elder Ross. He is becoming the newest “mousekateer”. On that note I would say one of the best ways to wake up is to look down and see a mouse caught on a stick trap right next to your bed. It’s just a good feeling :), but I got him and I think he is the last of the bunch. Also the only thing better than one bouncy castle......is two bouncy castles. (Pictures included).

Okay on a more awesome note. This week Tyler turned 14. And his father is not a member, so he asked me to ordain him to the office of a teacher in the Aaronic priesthood. I accepted. This is the 4th or 5th time on my mission I have been able to do something like this, but this time it was different. When I went into the room to ordain him and his whole family was sitting there, I was overcome. I was giving this family the priesthood it desperately needed in its home. Though he may be young, Tyler is taking on a huge responsibility being the priesthood holder in his home. It is a powerful yet wonderful gift given to those worthy males who will use it to bless their family. It’s weird to me how much I cry on my mission. Every time I give a blessing I cry, I have taught the discussions well over a thousand time I feel like, but there is still so much power in God’s plan for us that I still seem to bawl every time.

Also please go to the temple as much as possible, I miss it so much, so please go for those of us who have to wait and not go as often, I just wanted to throw that in there. 

This week has been a good one, I’ve learned a lot about how important it is to have the priesthood in your home. I am going to be bold and say this but every father should have the priesthood, it changes a home and a family, brings you closer together. I am so grateful for the priesthood and how it has been restored. The gospel is real. The same power Jesus Christ had is on the earth, so let us not waste it.

I love you all so much and be safe out there it’s a mad mad mad mad mad world.


Love elder keegan


































No comments:

Post a Comment