Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Picking up a dog (literally) on Valentine's Day....

So Valentine’s Day sucks haha, just kidding but only kinda. The whole day was us going out and talking and trying to teach people, but they were all too busy doing things with their girlfriends and wives, and as a missionary we can only be with a dude, so people were giving us weird looks all day. But it happens, seasons of love are good. It’s good that they are strengthening their relationships on that day and coming closer as a couple... while I am chasing down a dog that was in the middle of the street that jumped out of a guy’s pickup and he had a bad back so he asked me to pick it up for him..... What a day haha.

But ya, I said this week I was going to talk a little bit about drawing lines in the sand. We were visiting with a less active member of our congregation and we were talking about drawing lines in the sand and being the person you need to be. In life tons of crap will come our way and tons of decisions we will have to make that are important will just show up out of nowhere without any warning.

For Shadrach, Meshach and Abed-nego, they had a similar story, they were faced with the challenge of king Nebuchadnezzar. He had made a golden image and he gathered everyone together and told them when the bell rings or when the music plays, bow down and worship this image I made and if you don't, I will cast you into the furnace. I don't think it is a coincidence that he gathered everyone together, a lot of times in our life we are faced with peer pressure and if everyone else is doing it, it’s a lot easier to justify it and do it as well. So literally everyone that was gathered together, bowed down and worshiped the idol.

I’m guessing 50 percent only did it because everyone else was. Everyone except the crew of 3, the dream team, they stood up for what they believed in and said no. And they said that they “care not for to answer the king”. So they were bold, they didn't care what he would do to them because they already made up their minds that they would only serve and worship their God. The only God. So the king gets the furnace super-hot and throws them in right. And while they are in there, Christ is with them and saves them. I like that it says “the image of the 4th being was as the Son of God” because there is no way that an evil king hundreds of years before Christ was even born could know what Christ looked like. So I believe that when we see Christ we will know Him…

 Anyway, they were saved and made rulers and kings. So they stood up for what was right and were rewarded. I challenge everyone out there to metaphorically or literally think about some major things in life and find out where you stand. I know that as you do this when the time comes you will know what to do.

I love you all and I am sorry it was short this week. I have to go, be safe.


Love elder c




No comments:

Post a Comment