Monday, February 9, 2015

Back on a bike and there are such things as happy endings...

I like to ride my bicycle, I like to ride my bike, I like to ride my bicycle, I like to ride it where I like…if you couldn't tell I am back on a bike haha. Some other missionaries in Sonora’s car broke down and they are in a small town so they need a car.... apparently .... but they asked if anyone in the city would offer up theirs, so we said we could. And the day we did that the weather turned from cold to 75 and sunny for a week now so we are blessed haha. Only downside is that we have to bike a few miles to get to the edge of our area, but no big deal.

This week was rad. I learned a lot about myself this week. I think I have grown more in a different way than I ever have before :) So a while back we were teaching a less active member in our ward who was not willing to come back to church because of anti-Mormon literature, which if you didn't know, more anti-Mormon literature is printed about an hour away from me than anywhere else in the world. So if you know me you know I am a passionate guy when I know something. And if I come to the knowledge of it I will defend it till the day I die. So this conversation got a little bit intense we will say nonetheless and I blew the spirit all over him haha. Then we left and we did not stop by for a while after that. A couple months to be in fact. And I was feeling pretty weary about the whole thing.

So we went back and they let us in the door. And instead of coming with my passionate approach like I did last time, the spirit told me to just love and I saw this man for who he truly is and we just loved him. Then he really started opening up to us and it reminded me of the scripture in Doctrine and Covenants 121: 43. It says something along the lines of you can only chasten those whom you love and if you chasten someone, you have to show them love immediately after.

 I then applied this to my family and future family to see how I could best help them. And I thought about how me and my wife are going to get into fights and when we do, we always have to say something positive after we do to make things right. In the scripture it says how we must afterward show a greater love for them. And it is sometimes hard for us to have a greater love for someone we just got mad at. I know that with the little fights if you can get through it, it will only make you stronger, and the love I have for this less active has grown so much now.  I also learned a lot about drawing lines in the sand which I will share more about next week.

 But I love you guys so much. Be safe out there in this world. You are in my prayers and I am here for you… and by the way the less active member came back to church this week. So there are such things as happy endings haha.

love elder c  









No comments:

Post a Comment