Monday, December 8, 2014

Add Fireman to the list of Missionary attributes...

Add Fireman to the list of Missionary attributes.
So this week was a doozy as my buddy Elder Buratto would say haha. This could be my last week in San Angelo so if anyone was planning on sending me a letter don't send it any later than Tuesday! And I will update you on next Monday on where to send it!

So this week I got to see a lot of people in the ward I started out in on my mission, which was way cool, it's weird that they remember me after all of this time, it was kinda like I was coming home. But among those people, I found out that one woman and her husband are having a baby and were recently sealed in the temple! She is like way pregnant, and she wanted us to like do some service for them to help them out in any way. So for 1 of our ten service hours this week we tried to help this lady induce labor by going on a walk with her and her husband on a full moon and street contacting with them while we do it......it worked......haha just kidding, that would be insane. But I would have to add that to the list of things I have done on my mission now that I never thought I would do before…

Also this week we went on exchanges and I went to the other area, to first ward for the day to help the work over there too! And while we were there we were sharing the “he is the gift” message with everyone we could find. Because it is incredible, but while we were doing this we started talking to a lady, and I can’t for the life of me remember her name, all I know is that her husband looks like a Lamanite warrior, it was crazy, but anyway as we were watching the video the spirit came to our little huddle outside on her lawn and right as I was about to testify of our Savior Jesus Christ, a truck comes speeding up from behind her house, yelling “hey lady someone lit your trash can on fire and now it’s getting your fence!!!!!” I was so in the spirit that I didn't realize what was going on, but I just started running into the back yard with my companion following me, and we came to find smoke bellowing out of this trash can and the fence catching on fire! So we like superman and the flash, run and grab the hose, while they are calling the fire department. While he is getting the hose, I run to the burning trash can and put my shoulder into it and football tackle it away from the fence. While they are both on fire still and he come up with this bucket of water and we throw it on the fence and we are running back and forth till we finally put it out. Before anything too serious happened. But as we finished it up, this fire truck with like 10 fireman come running over asking if everything is alright? We assure them that we are missionaries and we have the situation under control :) haha. So we got it all settled and set up a return appointment with them for a couple days later and when we went back they were so impressed with our church and the restoration that they accepted a baptismal date…so everything happens for a reason. Fires just don't start in the middle of a garbage can for no reason, I mean come on!

Also on a cool note too, I invite everyone to watch the “he is the gift video”, because this is the season for those who have not found Christ to find him and the season for those who have found him, to come closer to him. Life is so hectic and crazy all of the time. Especially on Christmas, people are always going, going, buying, buying, cooking, decorating, singing, fighting, watching movies, sliding on the ice, asking Santa for gifts....but I invite you this season to slow down for a minute, and recognize the first gift of Christmas. I think Christ needs it. I mean even the very first Christmas of them all, as we read in Luke 2:7 was crazy hectic. I mean there was so much stuff going on there wasn't even room in the city for them to stay. It sounds like something was going on that weekend like a concert, or even an ancient basketball game or something. Even from His birth he has not had a Christmas that was completely devoted to him.....the true meaning of Christmas...he is Christmas… So I Challenge all of you this Christmas, to remember the ONLY one and ONLY reason for the holiday. Christ. So bring your family closer together through him this Christmas starting now. He is the ultimate gift, what more can I say.

Alright everyone, sorry for talking your ear off this week, it was a good one.
I love you. I really do. I love you for who you are and for what all of you have done for me. So be safe out there and be strong.

Love elder c














No comments:

Post a Comment