Monday, October 13, 2014

Temple Trip with my newly converted family....

Here comes the sun, and it’s alright :)

This has been one of the greatest weeks of my entire life, I wish I could tell you how much it has changed me and made me into a better man. So this week I was able to do baptisms for the dead for the first time on my mission. There is no better feeling in the world I have found than seeing the people who you have come to love, the family you have made, dressed in all white being baptized for those who cannot do it for themselves. 

Okay so this week Kandy, Bre and Dustin did baptisms for the dead. I was able to baptize them in the temple as well. I had forgotten what it was like to do baptisms. Everyone needs to do them. There is so much work that still needs to be done. But Kandy brought a name with her to baptize. She brought her mother’s name, the person she loved most in the entire world. She said to me, there is one thing greater than getting baptized for myself, and it is getting baptized for the woman who made me who I am today. She said, I know she is ready, I can feel that this is what she wants. She has been waiting for me to do this and I finally am able to do it :) 

Also at the temple Dustin went for his first time. He was just baptized as well. He said there is no greater feeling than inside the temple. He loved it so much, as we were leaving he said, “Till next time” to the fount. It was incredible.

Then the next day at church Jesus and Chelsea came back in town to surprise me, and I found out they are getting married in a couple weeks. And they are still doing so good with the gospel and want to be an eternal family so bad. Then in sacrament meeting Bre spoke. She gave a better talk than I could ever do and she has only been a member for three months. It was so incredible to see what she has learned and how she is sharing it. She invited her roommate to church and she came! Then during the sacrament Dustin and I passed the sacrament together. It is one thing to baptize someone, but this is the first time I have been blessed to see the fruits of that baptism. The Lord has blessed me so much. I will never stop going. I will never stop serving because I know I am making a difference. Times get tough because we cannot see the end, but sometimes God gives us a glimpse just to show His love :).

I love it and I love life. That is all folks for now be safe out there.

love elder c




























No comments:

Post a Comment