Monday, October 20, 2014

Sometimes "you want to go where everyone knows your name"....

Nine months to go, so if anyone reading this is planning on having an infant soon, I will be home for it, and that is so weird cause two of my sisters have had a child while I have been on my mission! Time flies when you’re having fun.

This week I learned a lot about myself and I believe this is another philosophical reflective period on my wondrous journey which is called a "mission". Something funny about that is the other day I was exhausted from riding 43 miles that day on my bike and my face apparently didn’t have the happiest look on it haha and we pulled up to a lady with determination and she was like, “wow you guys look like you’re on a mission.” Haha and I was like, “well do I have a message for you!” There are so many people in Portales and I am pretty sure I have talked to every single one of them, and they all pretty much know Elder Christensen. Which is kinda cool. Cause sometimes you want to go, where everybody knows your name, but also sometimes you don’t want to go where everybody knows your name and they don’t like the Elder in front of it haha.

I have been tested this week on how hard I will serve, and I have come to the conclusion that no feat is too high, I will serve my Lord all the way to the top of the Celestial Kingdom and that should be all of our goals. Aim for the Celestial Kingdom, nothing can even compare. Life is the time to prepare, so prepare now, the end is coming, these are the last days my friends and I’m not going to lie, I’m a little scared, but I am also so ready. God bless America. 

I don’t really know what to say this email, I wish I did, but nothing is really coming to mind, so I guess I hope you all stay happy and stay strong. The Church is true and Christ loves you. Remember to smile it truly means so much and it can make you happier as well as those around you, even if you’re not happy, try smiling and you might even start laughing cause you might find the reason you weren’t happy wasn’t even a big deal. So remember to work out those cheek muscles :) 


I miss you.

love elder c



No comments:

Post a Comment