Tuesday, May 13, 2014

The Lord's arms must be getting pretty strong from carrying me so far...


Hey Everyone. Happy day after Mother's Day and another day on the mission :).This week was a pretty good week, it was warm and people were pretty happy to talk to us!

So this week my companion was having some brief stomach issues so I got to know all the people who hang out around the 7-11 throughout all hours of the day. They are a fun bunch haha. But while I was talking to this pair of 13 year old Siamese twins which was rad. I ran into a member who hadn't been to church in like 10 years and she was like "Hey quit preachin around my store"!! and I was like "shoot I'm sorry, I wasn't trying to", then she was like, "Na, I'm just messing with you". We got to talking and she said she hadn't been to church because she didn't feel wanted.... I was livid! So I told her, I want you! Haha and more importantly God wants you there. Everyone should feel wanted because everyone is wanted!

Self-esteem is such a complex thing, I can’t fully comprehend it, but I know that everyone are sons and daughters of a king...or God, our potential to succeed and prosper is limitless, we are limitless. God wants us to be as happy as we can to be everything and anything we can! Commandments are not restrictions; they are there to help us be who we truly are. Sometimes we feel low and forgotten... being on a mission is really hard and lonely sometimes. But I think back on the footsteps in the sand:

One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord. 
Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky. 
In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand. 
Sometimes there were two sets of footprints. 
Other times there were one set of footprints. 
This bothered me because I noticed that during the low periods of my life 
When I was suffering from anguish, sorrow, or defeat, 
I could see only one set of footprints. 
So I said to the Lord, "You promised me, Lord, 
That if I followed you, you would walk with me always. 
But I noticed that during the most trying periods of my life 
There have only been one set of prints in the sand. 
Why, When I have needed you most, you have not been there for me?"
The Lord replied, 
"The times when you have seen only one set of footprints 
Is when I carried you."

I know the Lord's arms must be getting pretty strong from carrying me so far... 

I am so grateful for my Lord and Savior. I am so grateful to know that we are truly never alone because of his atonement. I know that I am who I am for a reason. I am me and I am here for someone and something! I will try every day to live up to my potential, a son of the God on high. I love you all and I challenge all of you to seek out your full potential and to live it on day at a time.

love keegan
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/proxy/AVvXsEjJVTEraVSjpcnnqLtmpe8zJWPLK5CFW16KDM3CHSjmuSEUWfgednvEnSvf-otevUJQ8PWENYPKJXSSgLe7OLXckPpMchkRe9tWvTrVkOI1UCLUHR2C8KM4QEg7pVn03VaT6lzoOHrEAYLG6FnhgHX6EmG71g=s0-d-e1-ft


No comments:

Post a Comment