Monday, July 6, 2015

Surprise visit and Saving the World...

Just another brick on the wall…
So I am positive that I have the best Brother and Sister-in-law in the entire world. This week was my last Fast and Testimony Meeting as a missionary in The Texas Lubbock Mission and I was sitting in the building about thirty minutes before Sacrament Meeting and I was talking with my companion Elder Cropy Crop and I looked over and I saw a guy with an awesome beard so waved (or nodded according to KC) hello. Then I was like wait a second that is my brother haha, so I ran across the chapel and hugged them and it was awesome. I am pretty sure I have seen my family more than most people on their mission, but it is awesome. So that made my week for sure.

Also this week I built a fence in Buffalo Gap to keep the horses from getting near a steep edge where they might fall off or roll down with a rider on them. This fence was previously destroyed and we rebuilt it almost new. And while I was building this fence in the beauty of being in the middle of nowhere, I was thinking how literally no one will ever see this fence that I have built. I honestly will receive no worldly recognition for what I have done, but I didn't care, I know that what I was doing was right and that it needed to be done. I think this is a lot like my mission. I have served every day for the last two years for my Lord and King and I will receive no worldly recognition for it and I don’t want any worldly recognition. I feel like in my life I have done things for the wrong reason so much of my life. But I have come to understand that the world doesn't matter, these worldly things mean nothing. I am here to serve my God. My hope when I get home is to be the same person that I am in the dark that I am in the light. I don’t want to have any doubts. I just want to live my life for Him and it is fun I promise.

I know a lot of the time I say that I want to save the world. The other day I was reading in Preach my Gospel and in it, it says "the Gospel is the only thing that can save the world from its own self destruction" so I have figured out how to save the world. And don’t worry when I get home I am not going to be preachy or anything even close to that, but I am different than when I left on my mission. I have become more of the person that I want to be and that I need to be. I am still me, but the Lord has made me into more of what He wants me to be. So don’t be scared just be ready for what is to come. I am going to finish strong with this last week. I have to be a missionary and save the world one person at a time.

I love you guys, be safe out there whenever you need me call me, no matter where you are, cause ain't no mountain high enough haha.

Love you
Love, Elder C. 

 































No comments:

Post a Comment