Monday, February 2, 2015

I am I am a religious man...

I am I am, I am I am, I am I am a religious man.
This week was pretty rad, it’s like a whole new world here in San Angelo with a new companion, it really does change everything the person you are with haha. So I am seeing how important an "eternal companion" is going to be haha.

Heard that the Patriots won the Super Bowl, haha everyone was pretty intense about it down here, I seriously believe that Super Bowl Sunday is the hardest day for missionary work in all of West Texas! Even If the two teams playing are two teams that everyone here could care less about haha!  It’s awesome. So many people wanted to have us come by and watch it with them. I was pretty sad I had to say no, but I completely think it is a direct blessing that me being on a mission is the two years that the Seahawks make it to the Super Bowl. So your welcome all of the Seahawks fans out there haha.

But this week we had a pretty powerful lesson with a guy named Chris. A few years back he was in his house and a member of a rival gang came to his window where he and his little 10 year old brother were sleeping. The rival gang member shot through the window six times. In result hitting his younger brother in the head and him in the arm. He then picked up his brother and ran him to the hospital down the road. He said that no God would let that happen. No God would let his little brother die like that. Answer me that question Elder Christensen, answer me that question. No one has been able to tell me the answer before....

I paused for a long while... it seems like it would be easy to answer him, but for some reason the spirit was telling me I needed to say it just right. I began to tell him about God’s love for all of his children. Even the gunman who shot his brother. Then the conversation moved to God loves us so much He will not interfere with our agency. We then began to teach him about our purpose on earth and who we all truly are. Sons and daughters, Princes and Princesses to the God of the most high. We read Alma chapter 60 with him. Then the spirit told me to share with him something that I believe is too sacred and personal to share with the world, but after our conversation concluded there was silence for a long time. He then said, “thank you.......I can feel Him”. We then hugged, we said our loves and then we didn't talk again. It was a powerful experience. There is a God. I know him, I... have never felt him more strongly than on that day. And I will spend the rest of my life trying to get that feeling again. Sometimes God works through us in ways we don't understand, but I plead with all of you to let Him lead your life. I promise you won’t regret it.

I am blessed to be a missionary and I love being exactly where I am. I love you all so much.


Love elder c
































No comments:

Post a Comment